Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
D. Kay Kirkpatrick, M.D. Emeritus
Areas of Expertise
- Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
- Occupational Injuries
- Needle Aponeurotomy
- Kleinert Institute of Hand & Microsurgery, Louisville, Kentucky
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Medical Association
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- North Fulton Hospital
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- “Dr. Kay” is married to an emergency medicine physician and has two children in graduate school and two dogs. In addition to hand surgery, she enjoys golf, travel and college sports.
- Dr. Kay Kirkpatrick named President-elect of Georgia Orthopaedic Society, Council Member-at-large of American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Thanks to her determination and numerous surgeries at Resurgens Orthopaedics, Irwin is gaining renown as an artist.
Resurgens Orthopaedics Patient Featured In National Design Magazine
Holly Irwin Gains Recognition as a Painter After Multiple Surgeries on Her Hands We tend to take our hands for granted. Reach for this; grab that; shake hands. But when pain or injury limits the use of our hands, life can change dramatically. For Resurgens Orthopaedics patient Holly Irwin, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) limits her ability to do the things she loves. Diagnosed with RA and scleroderma (hardening of the skin and connective tissue) in 1993 at the age of 36, Irwin struggled with pain and limited use of her feet and hands. As the disease progressed, she left her job in marketing and returned to painting, which she had studied before “getting a... Continue Reading