Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Non-operative Spine Care
- Interventional Spine Injections
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Hughston Clinic (Sports Medicine); Columbus, Georgia
- Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation); New York, New York
- University of California-Irvine/California College of Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Resurgens Orthopaedics Physician Named “Best Orthopedist” by Best Self Magazine
- Assistant Clinical Professor Emory School of Medicine - Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 2006 - The Robert L. Bennett, M.D. Award for Teaching Excellence - Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
"They've got great people at Resurgens, from the doctors to the P.A.s to the nurses."
Resurgens Orthopaedics Patient Is 'Bionic Man' Following Four Successful Surgeries
Canton's Robert Dawson Praises Resurgens Doctors For 'The Best Care I Could Ever Have Expected' Calling himself a "bionic man," Bob Dawson says he needs physician-issued cards to allow him and his metal knees through airport security checks. But the range of motion in his shoulder is much better than he ever expected, and all his joint replacements are working well. Mr. Dawson, 70, can't say enough good things about the doctors at Resurgens, who have performed four surgeries on him over the past several years. First it was spine surgery in the mid-1990s, then his left knee replacement in 2006, followed by his right knee replacement in 2008. Then,... Continue Reading
"As a nurse, I probably did more research to find a doctor than a lot of people would"
Disc Replacement Surgery Allows Resurgens Orthopaedics Patient to Start a Family
After a Decade of Chronic Pain, Laura Alvis Now Lifts and Carries Her Daughter with Ease Starting a family was not an option for 32-year-old Resurgens Orthopaedics Spine Center patient Laura Alvis. Pain from degenerative disc disease prevented her from even considering pregnancy. However, after her January 2007 disc replacement surgery at Resurgens Orthopaedics, Mrs. Alvis gave birth to a daughter in July 2008, and both baby Sarah and mother are doing fine. "I never had a problem with my back during my pregnancy," Mrs. Alvis said. "The whole pregnancy and delivery went very well, but I couldn't have done it without first having the surgery." Mrs. Alvis... Continue Reading
If I could give him a 10 , I absolutely would! Have had excellent results with his treatment plan.
Dr Sloan takes the time to explain fully what he is doing. Excellent at identifying problem. Very professional.
- Harvey M.