Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Total Hip and Knee Replacement
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Computer/Technology Assisted Joint Replacement
- Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement - Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Board Certified American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Ranawat CS, Ranawat AS, Kao YJ. (2017) “Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty with a Cemented Acetabular Implant.” Adult Reconstruction Hip 2. Ed. Lieberman JR, Berry DJ. AAOS. 79-84.
- Kao YY, Koch CN, Wright TM, Padgett DE. (2016) Flexural Rigidity, Taper Angle, and Contact Length Affect Fretting of the Femoral Stem Trunnion in Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2016 Sep;31(9 Suppl):254-8. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2016.02.079
- Kao YJ, Ho J, Allen CR. (2011). Evaluation and Management of Osteochondral Lesions of the Knee. The Physician and Sportsmedicine. 39(4): 50-9.
- Arora V, Kao J, Lovinger D, Seiden SC, Meltzer D. (2007) Medication discrepancies in resident sign-outs and their potential to harm. Journal of General Internal Medicine 22(12): 1751-5.
- University of California at San Francisco; San Francisco, CA
- University of Chicago, Prizker School of Medicine; Chicago, IL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society
- Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
- Northside Hospital
- Conversational in Mandarin Chinese
Dr. Kao is fantastic! After I had a freak fall where I broke my hip, I scheduled an appointment immediately. Dr. Kao was very positive, listened intently, told me my options, and made sure I understood everything. She performed surgery and visited me in the hospital every day. Her care and follow-up are exemplary. I truly believe that I have mended so well because of her expertise. I highly recommend her.
Dr. Julia Kao is incredible, she has a fantastic beside manor, professional, caring, thorough, and ensures that you are healing properly. My surgery was done outpatient, with an 8 cm. incision, she sent me home with everything I need! Also Rachel who is also amazing, made sure I had all prescriptions I needed, and was there to answer all my questions! I would highly recommend Dr. Kao and her staff!! They are the best!!