Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopaedics
- Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center; Jackson, Mississippi
- Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Certified, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases; New York, New York
- Emory University School of Medicine; Atlanta, Georgia
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital
- Roswell Surgery Center
- Chief of Orthopaedics, Emory Johns Creek Hospital
- Associate Team Physician, New York Mets MLB 2003-2004
- Team Physician, Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils 2006-2007
- Associate Physician, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater New York, 2004
- Author of multiple textbook chapters involving shoulder and elbow injuries
- Born in Los Angeles, CA, Dr. Sami Khan grew up in Atlanta and considers it home. He is married to an Emergency Medicine Physician; they have four wonderful children. Dr. Khan loves to play basketball, is a diehard Los Angeles Lakers fan and is extremely competitive when it comes to sports. He has extensive experience treating shoulder and knee injuries as well as taking care of athletes at the professional, college and high school level.
James “Jimbo” Boyd
“I’m truly held together thanks to Dr. Khan and Arthrex”
Johns Creek Wheelchair Athlete Praises Dr. Sami Khan for Innovative, Exceptional Treatment
James “Jimbo” Boyd, 55, of Johns Creek, has participated in 109 full marathons and countless 10-kilometer races, but he isn’t your average road race enthusiast. Since the age of 15, he has been a C5 quadriplegic — paralyzed from the C5 spine vertebra down. Although mobility differs from case to case, the average C5 quadriplegic has very limited use of their arms, which makes Boyd’s athletic track record truly exceptional. Boyd said finding an athletic outlet after his accident was a natural progression for him. “I was an extremely active kid,” says Boyd. “So it didn’t take long for me to make my way into wheelchair... Continue Reading
"Two days after her cast was off, she was ready to pitch”
14-year-old Resurgens Orthopaedics Patient Pitches in National Softball Tournament
Forsyth Central High School Freshman Makes Varsity Team Following Treatment for a Broken Foot When star softball pitcher Caroline Thomas, 14, of Cumming broke her right foot last spring, she worried about being on the bench for the season. However, two days after her cast was removed following treatment at Resurgens Orthopaedics, she was back on the mound pitching in a national competition. Her dad, Chris Thomas, praised Dr. Sami Khan of the Resurgens Orthopaedics Johns Creek office for taking such good care of Caroline. “We did exactly what they told us to do, and two days after her cast was off, she was ready to pitch,” her dad... Continue Reading
"I was really very impressed with Dr. Khan and his work."
Dacula High School Sophomore Xavier Okoro Plays in Youth Basketball of America National Championships After Recovering From Torn ACL
Resurgens Orthopaedics Patient Back to 100 Percent, Experiencing No Pain Dacula High sophomore basketball star Xavier Okoro is back on the court after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in early 2008 during a game against Shiloh High. He recently returned from the Youth Basketball of America (YBOA) National Championships after Resurgens Orthopaedics surgeon Dr. Sami Khan repaired his ACL. Okoro's basketball prospects looked good in early 2008. He was playing on the varsity basketball team as a freshman. As the tallest member on the team, he immediately became an invaluable asset. His coaches say that college recruiters had already begun asking about him.... Continue Reading
Dr. Khan, he is the most amazing doctor i have ever met because he has given me a second life to live by doing my ankle surgery and motivated me to stand on my feet again.
I am very pleased with the services that I received from Dr. Khan. He has a comforting and reassuring bedside manner. An occupational injury caused me severe pain for months and a questionable return to work. With his assistance I'm improving and on the right path. Thanks Dr. Khan!
- Darlene D.