Areas Of Expertise
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Interventional Pain Management
- Pain Medicine Fellowship; Georgia Regents University, Department of Anesthesiology, Center for Pain Management; Augusta, Georgia
- Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Personal or Additional References
- Dr. Dows-Martinez enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter, and wheaten terrier Riley.
- Emory University, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine; Atlanta, Georgia
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana
- Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, 2012-Present
- American Academy of Pain Medicine, 2012-Present
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2010-Present
- Wellstar Cobb Hospital
- Wellstar Douglas Hospital
Dr. Dows-Martinez is 5 Stars all the way. She diagnosed my Sciatica, and first and foremost, was alleviating the pain and moving forward with treatment. She explained in detail; in a way I could understand, while showing me a model of a spine. We discussed and agreed upon a treatment plan; as well as expectations and scheduled an Epidural for the next day; which again; she explained – procedure, expectations, and outcomes in detail. Her staff member Angie immediately scheduled the procedure and gave me all the information and details to prepare for it. No detail left out, and made me feel comfortable preparing for the procedure. Every one of her team members were attentive to my medical needs and are all very friendly which really helped put me at ease. The day of the procedure Dr. Dows-Martinez made it very clear that her #1 concern was to keep me pain free, and that she did! …completing the procedure and no pain. Post Op follow-up by Dr. Dows-Martinez and her team, another 5 Stars. Her personal call was specific to my medical needs and her reach-out of personal care and interest was so genuinely felt. Thank you Dr. Dows-Martinez and team!!!
I am writing to express my sincere thanks to Dr. Marly N. Dows-Martinez, M.D. for her technical expertise and compassionate patient care. As a former military pilot, I developed lower back pain and radiating pain that she correctly identified as Sciatica. She took the time to listen and evaluate my symptoms, then methodically progressed through the levels or remediation. As a result of her actions, the excruciating radiating pain down my thigh and legs have gone from a 10 plus to a 1-2 level. Well done and thank you so much.