Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Foot & Ankle
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee, Shoulder and Ankle
- Sports Medicine
- Atlanta Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine (Sports Medicine)
- Kendrick Hospital (Foot and Ankle Surgery)
- Emory University (Foot and Ankle Surgery)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Georgia Baptist Medical Center / Scottish Rite Hospital Combined Residency Program
- Medical College of Georgia
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Saint Joseph's Hospital
- Northside Hospital
- Northside-Cherokee Hospital
- Magna Cum Laude graduate of Vanderbilt University
- Orthopaedic Physician for The Georgia Ballet
- High School Team Physician
- Physician Olympic Games Atlanta 1996
- Co-physician Georgia Institute of Technology Athletic Department
- Top 10% graduating class Medical College of Georgia
“Dr. Womack is the best doctor ever. He knew exactly what to do and how to fix it"
Injured Dancer Loves her Job as a Veterinary Technician
Kyndal Williams was 17 and working toward a goal of becoming a professional ballerina when she came out of a “reverse leap” badly and fell, breaking two bones in her foot and leg. “We knew it was a career-ending injury,” Williams said, but thanks to Dr. Shay Womack at the Resurgens St. Joseph’s location, she was able to return to dancing before pursuing a career as a veterinary technician. Kyndal’s mother, Paula Williams, submitted her daughter’s story to Resurgens' recent “What Does Resurgenize Mean To You” contest. Kyndal was recognized as a winner by Scott Slade on Atlanta's Morning News on... Continue Reading
Dr. Womack is one of the best orthopedic doctors in Atlanta. I can say that with confidence given that he has performed surgery on myself and family members. I healed very well, was treated in a hospital that didn't charge an crazy amount (like Emory or Piedmont), and and was treated well after surgery. Dr. Womack is very knowledgeable and unlike many doctors he has an excellent bedside manner. He is busy but he has always taken the time to answer my questions. A friendly, knowledgeable, and skilled surgeon and doctor, it's hard to find better.
- Aaron P.
Dr. Womack has been treating me for 20 years. His knowledge is absolutely second to none. He is a kind and caring man and I am incredibly lucky to be able to have a resource such as him available for the treatment of my severely damaged left ankle. He is an excellent physician and you can ask for no one better to advise you on an injury.
- Seth W.
I twisted my knee at work. After going to a workman comp doctor and him telling me that nothing was wrong. I kind of got discouraged. I ask my workman comp insurance rep to find me another doctor. She then sent me to Resurgens Orthopaedics Dr. Womack. From the first day I met him I knew I was in good hands. He explained everything to me from beginning to end.... He takes his time with his patients and he really cares about your well being. He is really good at what he does. HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR!