Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Outpatient and Rapid Recovery Hip and Knee Replacement
- Adult Joint Reconstruction, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - Pinnacle Health; Harrisburg, PA
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine; Erie, PA
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
- Piedmont Fayette
- Chief Resident – UPMC Pinnacle Health
- Sigma Sigma Phi Medical Honor Society
I had hip replacement surgery on 1/2/19 and walked with minimal assistance of a cane on 1/17/19. I found Dr. Claps and staff to be professional and efficient. My questions were always answered and explanations given for medications and procedures to be preformed. Dr. Claps called personally before and after surgery. I could not have chosen a better surgeon for my procedure. I also found other staff at Resurgens to be friendly and helpful.
- Linda H
Dr Charles E. Claps is a top notch orthopedic surgeon! He replaced my left hip using the anterior approach. The next day I was released from the hospital, able to walk on my own although using a walker and cane for a few days as directed. I was off pain meds 5 days after surgery and walking two miles on my own with no hip pain! Dr Claps is a patient-focused physician; he kept me informed before, during and after the process. How many surgeons call their patient the evening before surgery?!
- Scott L