Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Upper Extremity Fracture Care
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
- Percutaneous Trigger Finger Release
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL.
- Board Eligible, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Meet Dr. Brooks Ficke
- Orthopaedic Surgery; University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Medical College of Georgia; Augusta, GA
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital
- WellStar North Fulton Hospital
- Ficke BW, Chaudhari NM. (Forthcoming 2018) Wrist Dislocation. Orthopaedic Hand Trauma. Ed. Akelman E, Eltorai AE. LWW.
- Ficke BW, Chaudhari NM. (2017) Nerve Injury. Orthopedic Surgery Clerkship. Ed. Daniels AH, Eltorai AE. Springer.
- Ficke BW, Ransom EF, Oakes JE. (2017) Near-infrared vein visualization in index finger pollicization. J Hand Surgery.
- Ficke BW, Ponce BA. (2017) Letter to the Editor. Am J Orthop Surg.
- Ransom EF, Ficke BW, Meyer RD. (2016) Brachial plexus injury after open subpectoral biceps tenodesis. Alabama Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting.
- Ficke BW, Ransom EF, Hess MC, Chaudhari NM. (2016) Patient outcomes after distal radius fracture treatment with a staged protocol. Alabama Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting.
- Ficke BW, Larrison MC, Ponce BA. (2015) Isolated rupture of the pronator teres in an amateur golfer. Int Journal of Orthopaedics.
- Ficke BW, Meyer RD, Ponce BA. (2015) The effect of traction on neuroma formation. Southern Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting.
- Guide to Wrist Anatomy
- Wrist Tendonitis: An Overview
I want to recommend Dr. Ficke for his commitment to his patients. I had an immediate appointment to show my daughter's bruised finger which had an initial diagnosis of fracture & dislocation. The doctor's office had to be closed early due to Snow. However, the effort Dr. Ficke took to see us and help take an X-Ray (He found an alternate way to take an x-ray since the tech were out and took it himself) was immense. It shows his love for his patients. His diagnosis was very re-assuring as well.
Dr. Ficke is a great surgeon. I found him quite by accident and consider myself extremely lucky to have done so. He's extremely knowledgeable and kind and gentle as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing hand surgery. His assistant Leslie is wonderful, too. It's a great office and all the staff was friendly and reassuring in my time of need. Dr. Ficke and Resurgens Orthopaedics ROCK!!!!