Areas Of Expertise
- Arthroscopic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Total Joint Replacement
- General Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma and Fracture Care
- Occupational Injuries/ Workers' Compensation
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Henry Ford Hospital; Detroit, Michigan
- University of Michigan School of Medicine; Ann Arbor Michigan
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- National Medical Association
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- Atlanta Medical Association - Heritage Fund (Board of Directors)
- Georgia State Medical Association
- University of Michigan Medical School (Current Member, Admissions Committee)
- Emory University Hospital - Midtown
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
- Northwest Georgia Orthopaedic Surgery Center
Patient & Medical Student Education
- Orthopaedic Surgery news segments on CNN Cable, Fox News, & Local TV
- Author, Orthopaedic Surgery articles in several Atlanta medical journals, & news publications
- Clinical Instructor, Morehouse School of Medicine – Annual Anatomy / Orthopaedic Surgery Sawbones Workshop
Honors & Awards
- “Physician of the Year Award” – Atlanta Medical Association, 2014
- A native of both Detroit, Michigan and Los Angeles, California, Dr. Raines attended University of California, Irvine
- Outside the office or the operating room, Dr. Raines is passionate about Music (Jazz & Classical), collecting Modern African-American Art, attending college & pro football games, gourmet cooking, world traveling, and spending quality time with his two young-adult daughters!
I met Dr. Arthur Raines after a severe injury to my left leg and ankle in 2013. He did repair all injuries and get me back walking, running, and extreme sporting. His bedside manner is impeccable. He kept me informed throughout the episode, and used up to date surgical techniques to hasten healing and limit adverse side effects. Thank you Dr.Raines.
- Doulgas C.
Dr. Raines did an excellent job repairing a tear in one of the small muscles of my shoulder. He is kind, pleasant, and professional. April, one of his medical assistants, always had a cheerful word for me and for everyone else in the office. I am completely satisfied with my treatment and grateful to have the use of my arm and shoulder again!
- Mandi S.