Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Resurgens Orthopaedics for fresh articles!
Areas of Expertise
- Hand & Upper Extremity
- Fractures of the Hand, Wrist and Forearm
- Hand and Upper Extremity Microvascular Surgery, Duke University
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate for Added Qualification for Surgery of the Hand
- Emory University; Atlanta, GA; Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Cincinnati School of Medicine; Cincinnati, Ohio
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Association of Georgia
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- North Fulton Hospital
- Northside Hospital Forsyth
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- 2019 Top Doctors in Hand Surgery, Atlanta Magazine
- 2018 Top Doctors in Hand Surgery, Atlanta Magazine
- 2016 Top Doctors in Orthopaedic Surgery, Atlanta Magazine
- 2015 Top Doctors in Orthopaedic Surgery, Atlanta Magazine
- 2014 Top Doctors in Hand Surgery, Atlanta Magazine
- 2014 Top Regional Doctors in Hand Surgery, Castle Connelly
- 2013 Top Doctors In Hand Surgery; Atlanta Magazine
- Undergraduate Degree: The Ohio State University
- Teaching Appointment- Emory Orthopaedics
"I have been given a second chance for a reason"
Resurgens Orthopaedics Surgeon Helps Young Man from Kenya Live Independently
Dr. Edward H. Holliger IV Performs Surgery On Kenyan Who Lost Both Arms in a Train Accident Resurgens Orthopaedics surgeon Dr. Edward H. Holliger IV has supported the Alpharetta-based non-profit, The 410 Bridge, since its inception. So when the group approached him about a young man who had lost both arms in a train accident, Dr. Holliger agreed to help. The young man, Jack Odhiambo, was 21 when he lost both arms attempting to hop aboard a moving train. He has no recollection of the accident. All he remembers is running for his life, then waking up in the hospital to find that both his arms were gone. "For so long, I wished that I had died under the wheels of that... Continue Reading
I have osteoarthritis and have had 6 hand surgeries with Dr. Holliger. You won't find a better hand surgeon or a better surgery center than Dr. Holliger or Resurgens. After 3 cyst removals, 2 carpal tunnel releases, and most importantly, removal of the bone at the base of my thumb, I am virtually pain free. I have no scars from the cyst removals or the carpal tunnel releases and never even took a pain pill afterwards. Dr Holliger took excellent care of me and I highly recommend him. I wish I had met him 15 years sooner. Needless suffering over fear of painful surgery was a total waste of time. I can't say enough about how my quality of life has improved because Dr. Holliger is such a great surgeon. One more surgery to go and I will be good as new! Thank you for taking such good care of me!
I have been a patient of Dr. Holliger for 10 years. He puts his patients at ease with his kindness and his sense of humor. You know that your concerns are being heard and will be taken care of. His staff is second to none, phone calls are always returned. It is easy to understand why he has received top honors as a hand surgeon so many times.