Resurgens Orthopaedics continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our top priority.
All 24 locations remain open and we are continuing to see patients with urgent and acute injuries while following all CDC recommendations to help prevent exposure and spread of the virus.
Resurgens Orthopaedics recognizes the crucial need for us all to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and practice social distancing. However, as a medical practice, we also owe a duty to our patients and communities, particularly in the face of a global healthcare crisis. With this balance in mind and with an abundance of caution for our patients, communities and employees, we are currently only seeing patients with the highest orthopaedic priority in our offices and non-urgent patients virtually through Telemedicine.
The following new policies are effective March 18:
- All elective surgeries will be postponed and rescheduled
- Resurgens Orthopaedics' 24 locations will continue to see patients who need time-sensitive urgent or acute orthopaedic care. This includes patients with acute fractures, traumas and patients with rapidly deteriorating symptoms. It also includes patients in early stages of post-operative care.
- Patients will be scheduled with enough time between appointments to limit the number of people in each facility at one time
- Resurgens Orthopaedics will continue to pre-screen patients before an appointment is scheduled
- Patients will be limited to one individual guest and they must be necessary for assistance during the office visit.
- Guests that are non-essential for the office visit will be asked to wait outside of the Resurgens office.
- Until further notice, we will not allow guests under the age of 16 in our offices.
In addition, if you have recently traveled to, or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to one of the high-risk areas as defined here; and have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath - please contact us to reschedule your upcoming appointment or surgery. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, the CDC recommends you contact your primary health care provider.
Most importantly, please protect yourself by washing your hands frequently with soap and water, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
Resurgens Orthopedics has been part of the Atlanta community for more than 30 years, and we are grateful for the understanding of our patients and for our hospital partners who are on the front lines of this global pandemic.
additional information about COVID-19, please read the up-to-date
news from the CDC below.